Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reaching Out

Reaching Out


     I am a mother a wife a business woman and I am also a writer. I am all of those things not because I have said that I am, but because God has blessed me. He has brought many good and loving and spiritual people to my life . Some I recognized and others I did not. Some I ignored and some I listened to. I will not leave this earth with any regrets. When I meet my maker it will be with no lies on my lips, no malice in my heart and I will not have been perfect but it will be with a humble heart and it will be with the thought that I did as Jesus wanted me to, reach out to others…..
Our Biblical act of worship is not what we do on Sunday mornings in our good Sunday suits , but our act of worship is a lifelong everyday process of placing ourselves upon an altar of sacrifice.
Worship is living the principles of Christ in everything we do. We are worshipping God by what we do all week long by the principles that govern us.. Certainly not by the materials or worldly goods we own.
I once read a beautiful article on the internet and I will quote what it was;

God does not care about what car you drive, he only cares who of your neighbors in need you gave transportation to.
God does not care about how many friends you have he only cares how many to whom you were a friend. God does not care how many clothes you have in your closet, he only cares how many did you help to clothe.




God doesn't care about what neighborhood you live in , he only cares how you treated your neighbor. God does not care about the color of your skin he only cares about the content of your character.

So you see reaching out to all people of different nations skin colors and heritage is what God cares about.What is the difference between a Christian who is reaching out to people and trying to help others– and a Christian who goes to church every Sunday and only sits there looking good to all who see him. The difference is the Christian who reaches out to those less fortunate or those in need of friendship or who need comfort do so because they know God and they love Jesus.

When you take food to the poor that is an act of worship, when you give a word of kindness to someone who needs it, that’s an act of worship. When you go out of your way to lend someone money or to give someone something they did not have before , that is an act of worship. When you sit down and take time out of your own busy and hectic schedule, to give strength to someone or to open the bible and teach them the word of God. That’s an act of worship.

We are living in a fast-moving crazy world. Where what we own and “What's in it for me” are the words of the day. We need to build bridges between our hearts and those people who need us. There is so much need in this world. Just look at the news and you will see why we have to band together to worship and serve all those who are less fortunate.
Let us not look only at what we can see, let us not help only those who need re-election or friends and family who need favors, but let us see the world through Gods eyes and let us ask him to open our hearts and our minds and our eyes to the real spiritual truth. That Jesus is out there, let us not pass him by in the street let us not only help the ones who need help, let us reach out to all those who have no voices to cry out for it.

1 comment:

  1. Linked here from Lloyd's blog. I liked this quote of yours: "Our Biblical act of worship is not what we do on Sunday mornings in our good Sunday suits , but our act of worship is a lifelong everyday process of placing ourselves upon an altar of sacrifice." I agree totally. Good thoughts here!

    ReplyDelete